rope. tree. fan. spear. snake. wall.

Monday, June 26, 2006

More things I forgot

The expatblog part: Germany doesn't have summer camp, as far as I know. They do have something called uh, Landschulheim? Schullandheim? Um. Something combining the words "school," "country, in the sense of not-the-city, you know, the boonies," and "home." It happens during the school year (why yes, they are still in school, until the end of July - muahahaha) and they go to some campsite with their teachers and go on nature-hikes and I dunno, learn to identify different kinds of trees or something. Ignatz's class has been doing this every year since second grade, but this is the first time he's been allowed to go along. The last three times, he always did something stupid and ADD and then was Not Sufficiently Sorry, in the week before the trip was scheduled, and so was excluded from it. So okay there's your background info.

The momblog part: um, yep, this is another thing that I forgot until the last minute. And the Sniglet's surgery is tomorrow (the day I'd promised to work but then I had to reschedule for Thursday. Hold onto that thought for a moment), so I'm already a basket case. So I let Ignatz pack for the trip, which was just so smart of me, because now I get to spend the next 2 1/2 days worrying about what he might have forgotten. You may also recall (and if so, yay you! Your memory is way better than mine) that the Sniglet is going to a sort of transitional first grade next year. Good news! And he gets to go in one day this year for a sort of "trial" day, to check out the routine and the space and all. That day is this Thursday. Yep, two days after his surgery. Yes, the day I said I'd work because I can't Tuesday because whoopsie! My son has surgery that day. Sheesh.

Okay, I didn't actually schedule this trial-day: there was no time when I looked at my calendar, saw Camp and Surgery listed for this week and said "sure! The 29th would be great!" But I didn't notice until today that it needed re-scheduling either.

So when I go to buy a house? I want y'all to come take a look before I sign anything, please, so you can point out things I may not have noticed, like, say, a basement full of alligators, or that the roof appears to be missing. Thanks.

Song du jour of the day: R.E.M. Find the River. Dangit, it was here just a minute ago...

No comments: