rope. tree. fan. spear. snake. wall.

Monday, July 11, 2005

Project Gutenberg

Yes, with my loads and loads of free time, I have signed on as a proofreading volunteer at Project Gutenberg. I hope they like my work. I realize I can't really spare the time for this, but you'd be amazed how much you can accomplish in just 15 minutes a day, and it's for a good cause. Then, too, nearly all the stuff I proofread lately is written in English by native German speakers, who have their own way of doing things, and it's probably very good for me to read native English with an eye toward proofreading, just to remind myself what it's supposed to look like. It will probably make me a better proofreader. Well of course it will. Practice is always good.

Anyway, if anyone out there has a few minutes a day, and a talent they can put to use there (not just proofing, but coding and scanning too, I think), please consider contributing. It's a worthy cause, and actually kind of fun.

No comments: