rope. tree. fan. spear. snake. wall.

Sunday, July 17, 2005

gone fishin'

Well, not exactly fishing, but I'm off doing other things for awhile. The Final Project for my db class has nine parts and I am finding that I can finish one part per day if I devote the whole day to it, but I don't have nine whole days - it really should be finished by tuesday. So I need to find another system.

My pre-ordered Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince came yesterday, right on schedule, so once I finish the database project, I'll be nose down in a book for a few days.

I took the kids to Munich to see Madagascar yesterday. I was unsure about taking Gus - he's really into trains, so I thought the Polar Express was a good idea last November, and it scared the hell out of him. Robert had to take him out to ride around on the trams until the movie ended. So we warned him repeatedly that he would not be able to leave this time, and he said he wouldn't be scared.

He wasn't scared. He was hyper. Stand up, sit down, stand up, sit on my lap, sit on his seat, go sit somewhere else, come back and sit on the floor, he was just a blur of activity. And he had a great time, so I'll have a hard time explaining why I don't want to take him to the next movie. Which will probably be the Wallace & Gromit thing.

Aaaaaand Robert left today for Croatia. One of his professors from UMad has a teensy apartment in Istra, and she and her husband and daughters are there now, so Robert took his new motorcycle down there to visit them and also to try the bike on a long trip, and also to scout out the location as a possible vacation spot for us, as Ms Professor has apparently somehow indicated that she might be willing to let us stay there when she's not there. He'll be back on wednesday evening sometime, I'll be in Munich working, and I'll see him on thursday. Probably.

Okay. While I was writing, some in-laws came and stole my sons, so I'd better make use of the quiet house and do some work.

No comments: