rope. tree. fan. spear. snake. wall.

Monday, July 04, 2005

better living through chemistry

So I rode my bike to the train station wednesday, and so I rode it home from the train station on thursday, and each time I pushed down on the pedal with my right foot, the hem of my beige linen trousers grazed the chain and picked up a few more molecules of bike chain grease. Chagrin. When I showed it to Robert, he said "Turpentine. I think we have some around here somewhere..." and I said no. I'll use my trusty Spray N Wash Stain Stick, thankyouverymuch. He gave me the Skeptical Look and refrained from further comment. Well, I washed the trous today, and there is not a trace of icky black grease on them. Ha ha HA!

Isn't it neat when something works out the way you want it to on the first try?

No comments: