rope. tree. fan. spear. snake. wall.

Saturday, July 02, 2005

political moment

I don't usually do this, I figure you all have your own politics and are already as informed as you want to be about the issues you care about. But this is a pretty broad-spectrum issue, so while I still won't email you anything, I thought I'd pop a link up here, and you can take it or leave it. Sandra Day O'Connor has stepped down from the Supreme Court, and the current administration is bound to try to appoint some right-wing moron to take her place. Remember Ashcroft, the Attorney General who thinks that demons walk the earth in the form of calico cats? Or that doctor-dude who says PMS can be cured through prayer? Remember, Justices are appointed for life, so if some knuckle-dragging bozo gets in, he's in for 30 years at least. So here's a petition to our various Senators, asking them to hold out for a moderate Justice.

No comments: