rope. tree. fan. spear. snake. wall.

Saturday, July 09, 2005

catch-up

I forgot Krystal's birthday on Thursday. The bombing threw it right out of my head.

Robert gets back from Potsdam at 9:30 tonight, and I get to pick him up at the airport. I'm trying not to be nervous about the drive.

I walked into a door the other day, snagged my arm on the door-handle. It hurt so bad I had to lie down. Now there's a big yellow-green bruised lump on my arm.

I'm reading all the Harry Potter books in preparation for the release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince on July 16th. I have finally given in and embraced my geekness: I pre-ordered it, in hardcover no less. With the fifth one, the Order of the Phoenix, I was so angry at how it was marketed, I refused to buy it for some time. A friend kindly loaned it to me, and I read it three times through - gimme a break, I was at Hockey Camp with Kilian, and he was training twice a day, but I had nothing to do - and then I bought it in paperback, used. This one I will read to Kilian and then donate to our local library, and buy a used paperback copy to keep in the house.

The weather's back to normal, for early May. No more blistering heat (June), no more cotton-wool skies and rain rain rain (July thus far), it's bright, some clouds, and breezy. This will improve my mood.

Part II of the database certificate program is nearly done, I just have the final project to get through. As the rest of the course was a string of As and B-pluses, I think I'll probably do okay on it, and then move onto the next thing.

I can't remember exactly why I wanted to do this course. I know I wanted to make database-driven websites, but this is SO backend, there's no design or presentation or publication-aspect at all, and it seems to be moving me away from what I want to do. So next is to finish the third course and thus the program, get my certificate, and then think about what I need to do to move back in the direction I wanted. Probably PHP.

Right, so there's all the little bits of stuff that have been true for, oh, greater or lesser amounts of time, that I didn't get around to mentioning.

No comments: