As you all know, I bought yarn at a craft fair (from a woman who doesn't believe in the internet, or I'd send you to her site, because really - fantastic stuff) for Henry, and since it wasn't the yarn the pattern calls for, I had to do some guessing about needle sizes. Turns out I guessed wrong - I went bigger than the recipe said, but not bigger enough, and the combination of silk yarn and bamboo needles may have been part of the problem. It was kind of thick and inflexible and didn't travel over the needles very smoothly, so it was hurting my hands, but I thought I could live with it until I was about halfway through. So. I've started over on Henry, even though it has to be done by Christmas and I can only work on it when DrBob is not home, and I have three other projects on the needles at the moment.
Erm. Make that four. Because changing Henry to larger needles may have had the eensiest ulterior motive. I needed to free up my 3.5mm circs for the Mystic Waters shawl. Of course, there's no particular urgency on that one, so I don't have to cast on for it yet.
But um. I kind of did anyway.