rope. tree. fan. spear. snake. wall.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

This is my 400th post! Isn't that cool?

*ahem* la la la... *ahem*. Okay.

Happy Birthday to you!
You live in a zoo!
You look like a monkey,
And you smell like one too (but not really)!

Happy Birthday, Bro!

It's after midnight, and I have to get up at six, yay me. More feedback-feedback, because you all leave such great soundbites that get me thinking, and I almost never follow up on them, bad me.

KimberlyDi said...
Hey, a vacation is still a vacation. Enjoy the change in routine. Taking a laptop with ya?
You're absolutely right, and I'm not complaining. DrBob and I are major culture-heads, and most of our trips are such a whirlwind of cathedrals and churches and castles and whatnot that once it's over, I can't remember which was where. But: 1) kids hate that shit, and 2) where there's culture, there's usually also traffic and pickpockets, both of which make traveling with children much more trying than necessary.

So yeah. This Generic Family Entertainment Complex could be anywhere in the world, and might be a bit on the boring side, but I could do with some boredom. And the kids will be happy, I love that. Plus, being what we are, DrBob and I will probably drag the little monsters off to Venice, or at least to the cathedral in Rovinj (also, I hear there's an aquarium! cool!) at least once. So that'll be okay.

No, no laptop. Trying to go as un-wired as possible this time, because it's supposed to be a vacation. Last year I took my laptop and spent the week restructuring the entire JOB site (the job I quit in March), and while I rather enjoyed it, I kinda feel like I probably should have spent my vacation ... um, not-working. I may hunt up an internet café mid-week though, just to see how y'all are doing.

~d (tilde) said...
Amazing life you are giving your children.
You know, you're right. Thanks for reminding me. Because it's kinda true, isn't it, but I forget that most of the time. Maybe because it's not nearly as amazing as I want it to be - I still haven't managed to take Ignatz to Dublin as promised, plus I owe him a trip to Venice, just the two of us. And the Sniglet's trip to the Playmobil Funpark was canceled first by rain, and then by my bronchitis. Hm. Memo to self, get sh-- um, act together (trying to clean up my language now that I know that my niece reads this. She's three).

Also? You think this is amazing? Come visit, we'll take you places and show you cool stuff. Just ask Melanie if you don't believe me.

Song du jour of the week, probably, since I won't be back with a new one until next Saturday: um, how about the Star Trek Theme Song. The original series, of course.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

True, visiting you was indeed wonderful and packed with cool stuff (with commentary, DrBob knows freaking EVERYTHING). And you ensured that my black forest cake needs were met, who could ask for anything more? Who would ever fly through Frankfurt instead? Hope your holiday was awesome!
all love,
Melanie

~d said...

I am glad you caught that, alala. Have a wonderful holiday!

SMOOTCH!!

Shannon akaMonty said...

Are you EVER COMING BACK?? ;)