rope. tree. fan. spear. snake. wall.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

comments? I love comments!

Melanie said:
Why That Is, my opinion...
Subtract 5 year old = increased predictability, less noise and stimulation.
Subtract poppa = increased choice and control???
Momma alone = more attention and patience.

That's my official consultant thinking... What do you think?
I think those are some excellent points. I was thinking you'd have to take into account the various relationships in the family, i.e. that DrBob is a lot more bothered by - um, well, just about everything Ignatz does - than I am (the same is true with regard to me and the Sniglet), but actually, now that I think of it, when he and Ignatz are home alone they report very little conflict. Relationships increase in complexity the more people you throw in, I guess.

Nate said...
Just So You Know: "Ridin' Dirty" is my suburban white-dad closet rap fan code word for "currently wearing a diaper full of poo." I love it when the older kids say it without knowing that it's from a rap song. Makes me feel like I have a secret. heh.
AHAHAHAHA! That adds a whole new element to the Sniglet's karate-dance! Thanks. I don't think I'll tell him about it, though, at least not for awhile.

samirah said...
I'm just going to give you permission to go ahead and throw out the old ass, used wrapping paper. Why? Because as far as I know you are not my grandma.
Much appreciated, thank you.

~d (tilde) said...
HAHAHA! Try cleaning out a fridge after the power has been out for several weeks-and its summer. Nevermind-not a good time! HHAHAA
I love Ridin' Dirty. They mention the 504 Boys-that is New Orleans' area code. There are a few other post-katrina refences in it.
Raindog told me to ceck out Boy Kill Boy, but I can't FIND it-can you???
Yeah, here. Very interesting stuff, worth checking out. Tell Raindog thanks, and while you're at it, you should both check out Madrugada, if you haven't already.

Song du jour of the day: Suzie, by boy kill boy.

No comments: