rope. tree. fan. spear. snake. wall.

Monday, July 16, 2007

gasp

I just ordered 10 skeins of Wollmeise yarn. I had to - it's so preeeetty, and some of it's limited edition and will be gone soon! And I didn't get nearly as much as I wanted, so that's my nod to self-restraint.

Not too long ago, I heard someone ask, "Are you a knitter, or a yarn-collector?" Probably on Stash & Burn. It's a good question, and I actually gave it a fair bit of thought, and concluded that I'm actually, and sadly, a knitter. All the yarn I have, I bought for a specific project. I may not have used it for that project, but it had a purpose beyond "I'm sure this will come in handy at some point." This might be because we were quite poor when I learned to knit, and I was trying to be frugal. Anyway, this purchase may be me sort of dipping my toes into stasher-ness - 7 of the 10 skeins are intended a specific project, and three of them I bought just to have. It's so beautiful, I'm sure I'll be able to find some use for it.

I'm such a renegade. Don't smirk, unless you want to volunteer to explain this purchase to my husband.

1 comment:

Elemmaciltur said...

so, what are all the colourways you got?