rope. tree. fan. spear. snake. wall.

Friday, July 21, 2006

backatcha

I always mean to answer my comments, but you've probably noticed by now that I'm not real good at getting around to things. Until now, heh heh. So, on the post that linked to photos of what, God willin' and the creek don't rise, will be my next home:

Kelly said...
I think it looks great, though I am a bit confused- is the first two images of the top floor? Or a basement?
The um, upper-attic. The attic room is actually divided into two rooms, and I didn't photograph the first one because it was too dark in there, but it already has a wardrobe in it, and is really quite nice, with a sloping ceiling and a lot more space than you think at first glance. And the second one, that's in the photos. With the built-in shelves along one wall, and the little spiral stairway up to a storage area with skylight, and those things on the other side are also for storage. Giant drawers on the left, hingey things up top, and a bar for hanging clothes from in the middle. Love. It.

You should come see it. We'll figure out a guest-room.

Honestly? I know this is what I'm supposed to be doing for a living, but I canNOT figure out how to get the pictures to line up the way I want them. I'm all, <barbie-voice>Something about "div"...</barbie-voice> It's brain-fry from work, normally I'm not this clueless.

braddahspud said...
built-in bookshelves? BOOyah. and I think those are the attic-type space. Word on the dark kitchen? Under-cabinet lights and indirect lighting (for example, if you have or create space between cabinet-top and ceiling, lights in there pointed toward the ceiling), with light paint/cabinet colors will help a fair amount. And the kitchen goes, right? nice place!
I don't know who you are, but I like you a lot. The under-cabinet lights are already there (and dude - you turn them on just by touching them. HOW COOL IS THAT?), but the cabinet-top light idea? effing AWESOME, man! Please come back and give me more suggestions, because you clearly know your shit.

~d said...
I sent mine out too.
Hmmmm.
Very eerie!

What do I do next, Ms. Mixmania-been here done that?!
Wait for yours to come in the mail. Be ready to rhapsodize about it when it arrives. Keep an eye on Jim's blog and be ready to post your songlist when he gives the word - that'll be July 31st, and you put your list up on August first.
OOOH! OOOH! Is that really gonna be YOUR house?!?!

WOW
Hope so. You're gonna come visit, right? We'll figure out a guest-room.

~d (also) said...
P.S. Thing 1 thinks hizzle is cool looking-and wanted to know if thats your kid-in the pix.
Yes, that is the Sniglet, trying to look Cool. Apparently cool people do not smile for photos. Beware - the younger ones grow up way faster than the firstborn. Tragic, but true.

Song du jour of the day, apropos of nothing in this post but total song virus which I'm loving lately: Promiscuous, by Nelly Furtado and Timbaland. Sent to me by ~d, to my undying gratitude.

5 comments:

~d said...

it so DOES have Timberlake in it, huh? I will tell Thing 1 it IS your kiddo.
He will be pleased with himself.
Holla!

Kelly said...

Ah- it was the stairs that were confusing me- very cool that it goes up into a storage space!

~d said...

Did I give you Maneater? No, not Hall and Oats...Nelly Furtado?
Its my new 'fav'.
Ummm...shoot me an email-tell me what you like and don't like i.e. dance, the hip-hop, umm, the cover song...
I am so in LOVE with the Artic Monkeys-and thankful to YOU for this one! An few others, too: CYHSY.
Have you listened to Goldfrapp. the particular song is Twist

alala said...

Yup! Also on there. Also fab.

Did I say thanks yet? THANKS FOR THE CD! You are so cool!

Anonymous said...

okay, sorry about that... I was fighting a cold that day, in a pseudoephedrine fog (if two of these little cappythings work, then four should work better, right?). I should know better by now, I really should. braddahspud wouldbe your brother (or braddah, if you're Imitating Jamaican Badly, which would be a good name for a band, come to think of it), the potato. I think you called me nate-o potato once and it stuck in some memory craw that's ineligible for defragmentation, cleaning, or whatever else it is that keeps us from remembering absolutely everything forever. And the kitchen comment was just our father's doityourselfer/home improvement sense coming out. Sorry for taking all those genes, btw. But I can't wait to show you my basement-finishing project. : ]