rope. tree. fan. spear. snake. wall.

Saturday, October 08, 2005

So here I am.

The flight was actually about the best a flight can be. Each seat has its own little TV screen, so you can watch whatever you want, which was nice, even though the earphones gave me a headache. And there's a camera mounted on the bottom of the plane, and you can set your little TV to show what you're flying over. That was cool, and of course I couldn't wait to watch our approach to Seattle (since I didn't have a window seat), but of course, after a whole perfect, clear, sunny flight over Denmark, Greenland and Canada, Seattle was shrouded in clouds. Oh well. It was too long, and the narrow seats were uncomfortable and the movies weren't super and the food was only so-so, but that's always true on airplanes. Nothing else was wrong, and that is a rare gift.

And now I'm in Port Townsend. I've only been here half a day, and haven't left the house yet, so I can't tell you much about it. But it is nice to be back, if only for a couple weeks. I was really looking forward to watching TV, but mostly I wanted sort of easy stuff like sitcoms, with a low intellectual investment. Sort of wanted to rest my head, I guess. I'm not real interested in documentaries about dead senators, which is what they're watching now. Maybe tomorrow I'll try to make a request, but with Mom so unwell, and Jerry being such a hero, I don't want to be too much of a nuisance.

No comments: