rope. tree. fan. spear. snake. wall.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Interlude

minihats
So I signed up to knit teensy hats for drink bottles (for the Big Knit) and then forgot about it because the deadline was way far in the future. That is what I do with events that are not Next: I forget them. Anyway, the deadline suddenly zooped up to next Monday, and I got the reminder email yesterday morning and went "ack!"

So I did other things yesterday, but I also knit five tiny hats. And it was fun. It did take time away from a translation that I have to do before this weekend, though. And now I am somewhat sorry about that because I have found that, even though this is not an academic text, and is quite interesting and I even understand everything, the fact is, after five pages my brain is fried and I have to take a break. But I have too many pages and too few hours, and I don't really have time for a break. Nevertheless, my brain is fried. So I guess it's fortunate that the person who was supposed to take Ignatz to Tae Kwon Do bagged on me, and I have to go sit in St. Wolfgang for an hour and stare at the wall, but to be honest, with the number of things I really need to get done, that lost hour is kind of bothering me.

But at least I had fun knitting five tiny hats. And now back to our regularly scheduled knitting.

2 comments:

Elemmaciltur said...

Ahhh...but procrastination with knitting is always good. :-p

TheKnittingBee said...

A very belated thanks... but thanks for helping my pledge succeed! I've finally got round to writing it up on my blog, and worked out that about a third of the total pledgers made over 100 hats!

My post is here (I linked to you, hope that's OK) http://kneedlehappy.blogspot.com/2007/11/hats-ahoy.html