rope. tree. fan. spear. snake. wall.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Is it already Thursday night?

Gack! Where did this week go? My to-do list looks just like it did on Monday. There is one tiny victory to report: my house is marginally cleaner than it has been other weeks, but only marginally. There are still dust-bison in the corners, and nothing else got done. Wow, I didn't used to think housework was a full-time thing, but of course, all that means is that I've never done it full-time.

Was it Phyllis Diller? Erma Bombeck? Peg Bracken? Some really smart woman or other. Said: "Cleaning the house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing." She was so right. Devoting your attention to housework is basically just a way to stay busy and have nothing to show for it.

Drat.

Song du jour of the day: INXS, Devil Inside. Another one from my fabulous mixmania CD.

1 comment:

~d said...

I Wanna do the Mixmania thing-I am SUCH a copy-cat! Have a great weekend, alala! Will miss you!
BTW, someone else gave me the same John Haitt song you did-and they gave YOU props for it! Cool, huh?
Ciao, mon amie!

*Song Du Jour: I'm leaving on a Jet Plane! AND Vacation, by the GoGos