rope. tree. fan. spear. snake. wall.

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Beileid

Back in August, Tini had a blog contestlet in which you listed things you were grateful for in the comments, and the winner (me) got a skein of hand-dyed yarn. It was purple and blue and black, and the colorway was called "Sorrow," and it was so very soft that I knew it had to be for something special.
Sorrow Clapotis, finished
Tragically, something special was needed before long: in late November an uncle died - my husband has a lot of uncles, all getting on in years, but this one was comparatively young and had no health problems that anybody knew of, and his death left the family reeling, his widow grappling with reality, and his daughter was the family rock. It was a rough Christmas for them, and for all of us, really. The yarn said it wanted to be a scarf for this cousin, who lost her father unexpectedly, like I did 15 years ago, and still managed to be there for everyone else (like I didn't - I checked out totally. Sorry, family).

So. A FO:

3 comments:

amy said...

I saw that in Ravelry and got a little worried, clicked over and saw the colorway name. But it IS sorrow both ways. I'm sorry about that. I hope the cousin liked it.

bockstark.knits said...

What a beautiful gift. Hugs to your cousins family!

Elemmaciltur said...

Very fitting.