rope. tree. fan. spear. snake. wall.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

FO and interruption

The Dunegrass socks are done! And I love them! Wheee! I wonder if I should try to write down the pattern...

Anyway, all other knitting is on hold while I try to knit one zillion teeny hats for Innocent's annual Big Knit campaign. I'm not usually good with charity knitting because they only want stuff that's 100% acrylic and can be tossed in the washing machine and I totally understand why, I really do, but I don't have any of that kind of yarn. I'm also not sure about the environmentalitability of mailing stuff from Germany to a pediatrics ward in Iowa. Or to an office in Flagstaff that will then send them on to Mongolia or Poland or somewhere that is actually closer to here than Flagstaff is. I'm pretty sure they have charities here in Europe too, though I have yet to locate one.

But I can make little hats for drinks bottles, because they don't have to be handled with care, just put on display until somebody buys them. And I can send them to England without too much greenie confusion.

I managed three today. Deadline is October 17th. I'll try and keep you posted.

4 comments:

amy said...

I love love love the color. The pattern, too, of course. But that color!!

bockstark.knits said...

very nice - i love the patterning around the ankle/heel! and of course you should write it up!

Elemmaciltur said...

Yay! It's finish! But just one?

alala said...

@amy: yeah, me too.

@bockstark: okay! Only, I'm such a procrastinator I'll probably forget the important stuff. Yeah, I should get on that...

@elemm: no! I said sockS. silly.