rope. tree. fan. spear. snake. wall.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

movie review

So I saw the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy today. It didn't get very good reviews, which in a way is a good thing, since it brings expectations down a bit. I waited 23 years for this movie, and nothingshort of Armageddon would have kept me from seeing it. I figured I could just go in with lowered expectations, and relax and enjoy the movie, but I didn't set the expectations quite low enough. It was...um, wispy, somehow. It's hard to make a movie from a book, you have to take a lot of stuff out. And the thing about this movie was, it was really obvious that stuff was missing. I kept thinking there's a good movie back behind there somewhere, but I'm only glimpsing bits of it. Maybe I shouldn't have read the book 40 times, I dunno. Bill Nighy was great, of course, not that you'd expect anything less. But the rest of it was kinda disappointing. Oh well. Can't win 'em all.

In other news, there is no other news. Except I'm about to try to talk Robert into letting us get a couple kittens. Wish me luck.

No comments: