Right, so here's the meme, and then this weekend will be the zum Dirndl photos and a roundup of all the knittage, because actually, there has been quite a bit.
The Rules: each player answers the questions. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 or 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
1. What I was doing 10 years ago:
I had to count back for this one. I'm pretty sure it was ten years ago that I was living alone in Port Townsend with Ignatz, working at the best ice-cream store in the world, taking community college classes and calling DrBob in Madison three times a week so he could at least maintain phone contact with our son. Single motherhood may have been hard, I don't know - I was too busy to notice.
2. What 5 things are on on my to-do list for today (in no particular order):
- Buy a bunch of yarn
- Mail some of that yarn to someone who shall not be named, because it's a surprise.
- Bill my employers for the work I did in June
- I knit some swatches for a yarn shop this week. I have to hand them in, along with the unused yarn.
- Tidy the house before the cleaner comes
Pistachios. Chocolate with mint. Toast with honey.
4. Things I would do if I was a billionaire:
(I loved Projektleiterin's answer to this.)
Pay off the houses of everyone in my family. Start college funds for my sons and my niblings. Buy the next U.S. election. Okay, maybe not. But philanthropize - I may not care for Bill Gates's business model, but I really admire him and Melinda for trying to use their billions to eradicate malaria.
5. Places I have lived:
Tagging, ack. Is there anyone I know well enough to tag who hasn't already done this? Okay, I'm gonna nab Elemmaciltur, Leil, Tini, and, um... nope, I think everyone else has already done it.
ETA: Oh of course, how could I forget!? Vicki, you're tagged too, now. Ha!