rope. tree. fan. spear. snake. wall.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

why do I do this to myself?

Designing is for people who learn from their mistakes. Not people with the goldfish attention span. Urgh, it looks so! good! on the back side of the swatch, but not on the front, and re-creating what I did in reverse is proving to be... more challenging than you would think. I write everything down, but I still make the same mistakes over and over again... or do I? I say "meh. That didn't work, okay, try this," and then this looks exactly like that, so I don't know if I did the same thing or did something different, to no avail. And I've been so nose-down in this project that not only have I not knit anything else, I haven't even blocked the two hats I finished last weekend, or photographed the Half Shedir yet. And now I've only stopped because there's nothing for it but to start over, which means the whole day was wasted. I suck!

The yarn is Sheepaints sock yarn, in the Seagrass colorway. The mission is a ribbed sock that suggests sea grass. We'll see if tomorrow brings any positive change.

In other news, I joined Lime & Violet's Chore Wars group. This'll be fun.

2 comments:

Elemmaciltur said...

I was considering joining Chores/Knit Wars, too....but thought that I wouldn't do well anyway. :-p

Wanna do an impromptu SnB this Friday?

alala said...

YES. YES I do, because I need you to help me figure out what to do about this stitch pattern. Pleeeeeze!

Oh, and I'm not doing all that well, to be honest. Fighting the monsters always turns out to be a mistake. Oh well, it gives me a tiny insight into Ignatz's whole computer-game world, and is valuable for that at least.