rope. tree. fan. spear. snake. wall.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Is it time to give in to despair yet?

My to-do list today:
clear basement shelves
plan tomorrow's English lesson
grocery shopping
put together the two wardrobes we got at Ikea yesterday
write Samirah to say Ooo, yes please!
mail stamps to Melanie and Ruby

That doesn't look impossible, does it, for a day's work? DrBob and I, together, managed to finish ONE of the Ikea wardrobes (this one). That was it, that was all we accomplished today. Sheesh, we told everyone we'd be out of this house next Sunday, but if every little thing takes an entire day to do? Or longer, since we'll all be faint with hunger shortly, since I didn't go grocery shopping and there's no FOOD! Also, DrBob has a conference to go to, and will be gone from Thursday to Saturday, so I have to do it on my own. Without lifting stuff. Because I am strictly forbidden to have a relapse on the whole pneumonia thing.

I'm so tired.

Song du jour of the day: Little Black Heart, by A-Ha. Don't try to cheer me up, just cyberslap me and tell me to get the hell over myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

imagine for a moment that i am not 5'1, covered in freckles, and overwhelmingly jewish. imagine for a moment that i am cher.... "snap out of it!"

::slap across the face::

so there you go. although honestly, it took me 3 whole weeks just to unpack my dorm room. i feel your pain. also if you give me your new address i will happily mail mixmania cd's to you my friend.

Anonymous said...

Cyber simpering sympathy noises coming your way ^^^<<>><.^^--^^><><^ You poor poor dear, damn husband conferences anyway. Thanks for assigning the stamps to us, no rush - obviously!
all love,
Melanie